Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD. Psalms 150: 2-6

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

“MADE IN AMERICA”


I was just thinking a day or so ago about how many things we use everyday that are not made in America.  I am 52 years old and can remember how well things made in America worked, performed and lasted. Most things imported into our country could not compete with our brands or craftsmanship.

“Made in America”, I like the sound of that; as a salesman of vintage Hammond Organs it is somewhat amazing how the Hammond Tone-wheel Organ has lasted, I believe it is because it was made in America. There are models as far back as the 1950’s or earlier still in operation today.

I am not knocking the new organs, pianos and so forth; they are needed as the old dinosaurs go off the scene. It’s no different than us as we go off the scene, but just like us it is impossible for a replacement to be exactly the same. “MADE IN AMERICA”           

1 comment:

  1. I agree I'am about the same age as you and I do miss many of the things made in America. Keep on going old dinosaurs (Hammond Organs).
    Signed, Just and American

    ReplyDelete